I haven't baked in quite
For this peach cake, I couldn't decide on whether I wanted peach / almond or peach / almond / blueberry, so I decided to make half and half and see which version I liked better. I think the addition of the blueberries made it more juicy and sweet. Both fruits go so well with almond, so either would work!
We finally caved and got help and it's been the best decision of the year! We hired her as a nanny, but little does she know I'd make her our taste tester too - a job requirement I don't think she minds too much! Anyways, I had her try the cake and she said it's like she's having a muffin cake and she loved how pronounce the almond flavor was. I think that's a good sign since there are 3 different almond ingredients in there.
If you try this recipe, definitely let me know what you think!!
Peach Almond Cake
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 cup sliced peaches
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 tbsp sanding sugar
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract, almond extract and continue mixing until combined.
- In another bowl, mix almond flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine half of flour mixture with egg mixture and stir until barely combined. Next, add yogurt and the rest of the flour mixture and mix by hand until combined. Batter should be light and fluffy.
- In a medium sized cast iron skillet, grease well. Pour batter in and top with blueberries and sliced peaches. Sprinkle sliced almond and sanding sugar on top and bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown. The batter should be slightly underbaked.
I hope you enjoy this cake! It's great for using up leftover fruits in the fridge and I think any plums, strawberries, apple, and even apricots would go so well with this recipe!